On the second day of the February 2008 conference on the "Changing Face of Global Development Finance", we heard from the following:
- Charles Mutasa, AFRODAD providing an overview of aid effectiveness and its challenges;
- Lydia Duran, Association for Women's Rights in Development providing insight on the gender blind nature of the Paris Declaration and discussions around aid effectiveness;
- Rasheed Draman, Parliamentary Centre on how national Parliament's continue to be ostracized from the aid debate;
- Roy Culpeper, North-South Institute, on financing development and the role of domestic resource mobilization;
- Alejandro Bendana, Centro de Estudios Internacionales, Nicaragua on moving beyond the aid box.